- Mr. Kobach has a history of pursuing unconstitutional legislation and policy. As Kansas Secretary of State he changed voter registration laws that kept thousands of eligible voters from being able to cast a ballot before ultimately being overturned by the courts for being unconstitutional.
- The Commission has announced that it intends to make the voter information provided publicly available on the internet. In Nebraska, the voter register is a public record but can only be used for specific purposes (voter registration, elections, etc). Once the information is online, the Commission cannot guarantee that the data will only be used for approved purposes.
- Mr. Kobach has a history of inaccurate voter matching and voter purges. The Commission intends to compare voter data to other government lists, however the Interstate Voter Registration CrossCheck created by Mr. Kobach has been plagued with inaccurate data, flawed methodology, and incorrect identification of duplicates causing many states to leave the program.
- NCR Blog and Letter to Nebraska Voters re: Election Integrity Commission’s request for voter data
- Letter to Sec. Gale from NCR & ACLU (July 3, 2017)
- Press Release: Joint Statement from ACLU and NCR concerning EIC data request (July 3, 2017)
- Press Release – Secretary Gale response to EIC (July 6, 2017)
- Press Release: Joint Statement from NCR & ACLU on Sec. Gale’s response to EIC request (July 6, 2017)
- Pick 1-2 key points you want to make on the issue, personal stories are even better.
- Identify yourself as a constituent
- Be respectful and kind when making your request
- Share your experience with NCR! We use your feedback to guide our lobbying efforts. Email Shannon with updates on what the staff tell you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
.Advocate Toolkit & Talking Points
- NCR Advocate Toolkit
- Talking Points – SUPPORT
- Automatic Voter Registration (LB 290)
- County-to-County Portability (LB 112)
- Elimination of the 2-year waiting period for returning citizens (LB 75)
- Notice of Restoration of the right to vote for returning citizens of the right to vote for returning citizens (LB 76)
- Online application to request an early mail ballot (LB 197)
- Talking Points – OPPOSE
Want more information? Check out studies and research on our Legislative Initiatives page