Title: Voting Rights Program Communications Coordinator
Organization Overview: NCR is a 501(c)(3) non-partisan, non-profit organization founded in 2008 to create a more modern and robust democracy for all Nebraskans. To accomplish this NCR’s three primary program areas are:
- K-12 civic engagement programs in schools and community learning centers
- Civic health initiatives across the state in both rural and urban communities
- Non-partisan voting rights protection and Nebraska accessible elections policy and research
- Ability to represent at a high-quality level of spoken and written communications
- A knowledge of election law and the legislative process required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or journalism preferred. Experience in lieu of degree will be accepted.
- WordPress knowledge and website management experience
- Familiarity with online and electronic communications including MailChimp, social media platforms, and digital advertising
- Graphic design experience preferred
- At ease under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Able to handle numerous projects at the same time and work independently
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to follow verbal instructions
- Three years or equivalent job experience
Essential Functions: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as public liaison for Voting Rights program, including preparing press releases, coordinating press inquiries and interviews, and prepare NCR staff and volunteers for interactions with media and press
- Responsible for creating and curating social media content through NCR’s social media channels
- Develop and maintain a synchronized marketing and communications calendar in coordination with other Voting Rights program staff, in collaboration with Development Director
- Serve as brand manager, ensure that all NCR Voting Rights program communications print and digital are in keeping with established brand standards
- Collaborate with independent contractors, funders, and community partners (state and national) to facilitate a cohesive message on legislative initiatives, voter engagement, and election activities.
- Assist and collaborate with NCR Development Director to create all marketing and promotional materials for the Voting Rights program including newsletters, calls to action, advocate materials, social media graphics and mailings.
Direct Report: Director of Voting Rights
Type of Position: Position is a one-year contract, full-time position. Possibility of renewal dependent on funding.
Compensation: $32,000 – $35,000 depending on experience. Health benefits included.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and position is open until filled. Expected start date as early as October 11th. Application materials requested: resume, 2-3 references, and cover letter.
To Apply: Applications should be addressed to Dir. of Voting Rights, Bri McLarty, and emailed to Finance and Human Resources Manager at Kelsey.email@example.com and cc’d to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the position can be directed to Kelsey Liddy at 402.904.5191.