The Legislation & Policy Organizer is responsible for creating and managing grassroots advocacy efforts during the 2018 legislative session in support of voter modernization policy. Working under the supervision of the Director of Voting Rights, the Legislative and Policy Organizer will supplement direct lobbying efforts in support of voter modernization policy with grassroots lobbying efforts, including cultivating community support and directing constituent contact with elected officials. The Legislative & Policy Organizer will ensure that NCR can provide communications and research support to volunteers and advocates and coordination and logistical support to coalition partners.
- Maintain and build relationships with community groups and advocacy organizations in support of policy
- Recruit, cultivate, and train grassroots advocates
- Manage grassroots advocacy efforts and actions for specific legislation
- Develop and distribute communications for advocates
- Develop and distribute communications on social media
- Facilitate phone-banks, letter writing campaigns, and other grassroots advocacy efforts
- Ability to work independently and task oriented
- Strong organizational and logistical skills
- High school degree and some college credits required
- Some experience with grassroots organizing or legislative policy required
- Experience with VAN preferred
- Program start date: August 14, 2018 or earlier
- Position: Full-time, some nights and weekends required
- Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references via email to Bri McLarty at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday August 4, 2017. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, please turn in your application as soon as possible. Application items requested: resume, cover letter, and references. If you have any questions about the position please contact Bri McLarty or email at email@example.com or phone 402-904-5191. The position will remain posted until filled.
NCR has a policy prohibiting discrimination against applicants, employees, directors or officers on account of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or national origin. In addition, NCR strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.