Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Human Resources Manager, the Accounts Receivable & Payable Clerk will serve as the coordinator of all client receivables and assist in a variety of other accounting duties for the organization.
The Accounts Receivable & Payable Clerk will directly supervise NCR’s Title XX program and must possess a basic knowledge of the program, as well as other accounting functions. Other responsibilities include assisting the Finance and Human Resource Manager with monthly reconciliations, accounts payable, and program expense tracking.
Reports to: Finance and Human Resources Manager
Qualified applicants will possess an Associate Degree or higher and/or are currently seeking a degree in accounting or related field.
- Post client payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable and payable data.
- Update receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintain records of invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from donors, grantors, program departments, and vendors.
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolve collections by examining client payment plans, payment history; coordinating contact with program manager(s).
- Summarize receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfers to accounts receivable account, verifying totals, preparing report.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly closed.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplish account and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices, and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage account figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Knowledge of financial software, Quickbooks preferred
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about Title XX required
- Subject to background check
Competitive non-profit coordinator level salary, along with full medical and dental benefits provided. This is a full time exempt position.
*This is a new position – hours can be flexible based on finding a suitable candidate for the position; please inquire more about terms if interested
To Apply: Email Kelsey Liddy, Human Resources and Finance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a resume, cover letter, and references. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and position is open until filled, but no later than July 17th.
Interviews: July 19-21st
Start Date: August 3
NCR has a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees, directors or officers on account of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or national origin. In addition, NCR strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.