Part Time After School Instructor
- Associate Degree in Education or related field preferred
Experience and Requirements:
- Two years successful experience providing school-based or school-related programming
- Successful experience working with high risk children and families
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with diverse individuals
- Prior experience in staff supervision preferred
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
- Successfully pass background criminal check
Reports to: Site Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Use current technology to maintain records and obtain data and information
- Plan and implement activities
- Supervise and evaluate staff
- Have knowledge of prescribed curriculum and current educational research
Leadership and Supervision:
Second in command – Responsible for the management and supervision of the day-to-day operation of the After School Programs at individual school site.
- Oversee the notification and registration of the children selected to participate
- Oversee enrichment, recreational and academic tutoring lessons.
- Provide supervision and coaching for all program staff and partners.
- Participate in regular staff planning and program sessions
- Acquire additional services and supports for program participants as needed to achieve project goals and impact.
- Exhibit ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Recruitment, Coordination and Collaboration:
- Participate in the identification of the students who will participate in the After-School program
- Recruit and enroll program participants to meet average daily attendance requirements.
- Collaborate with community agencies and organizations
- Identify and train volunteers, parent liaisons, and community partners
- Provide assistance in preparing enrichment activities and tutoring lessons.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings
- Fiscal responsibility for fees collected and fundraisers.
- Work with Site Director to collect data necessary for evaluation
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board policy.The information contained in this job description is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Other duties within the classification and the physical demands of the job may be assigned.
2.5 hours/day at $12 hr
4:00-6:30, some evenings, some out of school hours, possible Saturday field trips
To Apply: Email Kent Day, Director of Civic Engagement Programs, at email@example.com
and Kelsey Liddy, Human Resources and Finance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a resume and cover letter by July 3rd
Interviews: July 10-14
NCR has a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees, directors or officers on account of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, mental or physical disability or national origin. In addition, NCR strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.