Campbell Elementary Community Learning Center
The Campbell CLC develops partnerships that provide opportunities and support services that lead to improved student learning, stronger families, and healthy neighborhoods. The Campbell CLC programming allows students to expand their knowledge in selected areas through hands-on enrichment opportunities provided during the before and after school hours.
Reports to: Assistant Site Coordinator and School Community Coordinator
Qualified applicants will possess an Associate Degree or higher and/or are currently seeking a degree in education or related field
Experience and Requirements:
- Knowledge of youth development
- Proven skills in establishing community partnerships and building relationships with students and families
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with diverse individuals
- Writing, interpreting and implementing lesson plans along with skills in group facilitation
- Marketing and communication of program and events as well as data collection/reporting
- Successfully pass background criminal check
- Ability to work 17 hours per week
Core Knowledge and Competency Areas:
Growth and Development:
Knowledge of physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development.
Health, Safety, and Nutrition:
Ensures that staff members support, model, and promote healthy eating, and utilize safe and healthy practices in the CLC environment.
Builds respected and intentional relationships with youth, families, staff, and partners.
Creates a safe and enriching learning environment with an array of opportunities for learning. Ensures that the CLC program aligns with learning that occurs during the school day.
Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct, manages multiple projects, and communicates effectively with leadership, staff, community partners, and parents.
Actively participates as a member of the CLC team at Campbell in promoting and implementing the mission of the program. Voices creative solutions when problem-solving and collaborates on designing program structure, policy, procedures, and day-to-day operations.
- Complete and submit weekly lesson plans to Asst. Site Coordinator
- Identify and implement programs that align with the mission and goals of the CLC
- Collect and report data, as required by Community Based Organizations and CLC
- Participate in the selected CLC/School events, as directed by Asst. Site Coordinator
- Provide leadership and instruction for club teachers
- Serve as a contact with school staff, CLC Coordinators, and community partners
- Ensure that program content aligns with the school day
- Plan field trips that support the content of the program.
- Plan and teach clubs during the first hour of programming.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board policy.
The information contained in this job description is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Other duties within the classification and the physical demands of the job may be assigned.
$13.00 per hour; academic year only; 17 hours per week with possibility of more hours during the before school time Hours occur between 6:45am-9:15am and/or 3pm-6:15pm
Some evenings, some summer hours, and possible field trips
*This is a new position under a new program – hours can be flexible based on finding a suitable candidate for the position; please inquire more about terms if interested
To Apply: Email Kent Day, Director of Civic Engagement Programs, at email@example.com
and Kelsey Liddy, Human Resources and Finance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
cc Emily Koopmann, Campbell School Community Coordinator at email@example.com
Please include a resume and cover letter by July 5th.
Interviews: July 10-14
Start Date: August 7
NCR has a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees, directors or officers on account of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or national origin. In addition, NCR strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.