After School Program Manager
After school programs provide extended learning opportunities that increase overall academic achievement and alternative learning environments for students outside the classroom. Our service learning and community leadership programs for youth emphasize issue identification, problem solving, civic efficacy, critical thinking, and civil discourse skills. We work to create engaged, informed, and critical thinking young leaders who are excited to take on issues in their community.
The After School Program Manager has the overarching responsibility of administration and implementation of school-aged programs and their accompanying objectives. The position ensures all programming meets organizations standards, associated partnership obligations, and state licensing requirements.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Experience: Knowledge of building community partnerships, community learning centers and school systems, and youth and family development. Proven skills in leadership, group facilitation, program analysis, coordinating, communication, budgeting and data collection. Ability to respond to last-minute needs that may arise. A minimum of five years previous experience in a progressively responsible management or leadership position that included fiscal control, program delivery, and management skills.
Reports to: Director of Civic Engagement programs
Receives guidance from, and works closely with: Director of Civic Engagement programs, Human Resources and Finance Manager, CLC leadership, school administration
- Program Administration
- Hiring, Training, and Managing Staff
- Program Implementation
- Program Financial Management
- Community Engagement
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Civic Engagement
- Oversee the completion of all administrative objectives including but not limited to state licensure, child care subsidy agreements, internal and external reporting, collection and maintenance of data, outcome assessments of the program, and assurance all policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage staffing for all school-aged programs. Conduct regular supervision for direct reports to address individual and program goals. Regularly attend all CLC programs and provide on-site support. Conduct team meetings to provide resources and opportunities program and professional development. Recruit, train, and assign staff as appropriate. Ensure all programs are in compliance with organization and state license requirements.
- Support ongoing continuous improvement of programs including design, training of staff, routine oversight, strategic planning, research and review local, state and national best practices.
- Ensures fiscal management by monitoring programming budget, ensuring programs are operated efficiently within budget parameters through cost analysis and available funds. Assist staff in decision making for program expenditures and investments.
- Represent NCR at assigned community meetings and/or events, meet with school principals regularly and foster relations with community partners.
- Travel between Lincoln and Omaha to keep regular contact with staff at school-aged programs. Half time will be based in Lincoln, while half will be based in Omaha. Travel expenses will be covered.
Compensation: Competitive non-profit manager level salary, along with full medical and dental benefits provided. This is a full time exempt position.
Physical & Mental Requirements: Must be able to walk the building (including staircases) and assist children in and out of vans. Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs. Must be prepared to handle accidents and emergencies at any time. Must be hold a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation. Work is primarily in office, program rooms, playground area and school grounds, as well as off site meetings.
Applications due Thursday, June 1st, 2017. Position begins on July 3rd.
To Apply: Email Kent Day, Director of Civic Engagement Programs and Kelsey Liddy, Human Resources and Finance Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with a resume, cover letter, and references. Hiring is contingent upon clearance from the Nebraska Central Registry of Child Abuse and Neglect as well as Nebraska Adult Protective Services Registry.
NCR has a policy prohibiting discrimination against applicants, employees, directors or officers on account of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or national origin. In addition, NCR strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.