Civic Action Program Coordinator (Part-time)
The Civic Action Program (CAP) Coordinator is responsible for creating and managing supplemental civic engagement programs for students, teachers, and community members. These programs include Capitol Experience Days, Civic Engagement Speaker’s Bureau, and the Equal Justice Corps. The CAP Coordinator also provides community engagement support for special events like the Nebraska Civic Health Summit.
This position will be based out of our Lincoln, Nebraska, headquarters. The Civic Action Program Coordinator will report to the Deputy Executive Director and work closely with and receive guidance from the Director of Civic Health programs.
- Maintain relationships with teachers and administrators
- Recruit classrooms from all Nebraska communities to participate in Capitol Experience Days
- Facilitate day-long Capitol Experience Days, including mock committee hearings and speaker introductions
- Coordinate schedules with various state agencies, teachers, and school districts
- Organize and manage community events related to the Equal Justice Corps
- Supervise and manage part-time Equal Justice Corps employees
- Attend and staff community events as part of the Equal Justice Corps
- Assist with community engagement efforts related to the Nebraska Civic Health Summit
- Some grant development and non profit administration related to the program
- Ability to work independently and task oriented
- Strong organizational, communication, and logistical skills
- Ability to manage several projects and events simultaneously
- A history of prior commitment to public and community service, preferred understanding of state governmental systems
- High school degree and some college credits required
- Valid driver’s license
- Program start date: 05/22/17
- Work Schedule: Part-time (average of 15 hours/week, variant based on events schedule)
- Compensation: $12-15/hr based on experience
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references via email email@example.com by Friday, May 5. If you have any questions please contact Amanda Barker via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 402-904-5191.
Nebraskans for Civic Reform is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Nebraskans for Civic Reform does not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or handicap.