Title: Equal Justice Corps
Reports To: Voting Rights Community Organizer
Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt
To assist in an aggressive community outreach and education campaign this summer on issues being addressed by Legal Aid of Nebraska and Nebraskans for Civic Reform, primarily our disaster relief pro bono readiness effort, and civic health across the state
Essential Duties: (this list is merely a representative sample of the duties likely to be performed by a member of the Equal Justice Corps and is not all-inclusive):
- Communicates either orally or in writing with management, members of the firm and nonprofit, partners in statewide network, clients and the public.
- Applies computer skills and data entry, using firm systems, such as Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Outlook
- Make phone contacts and set up meetings, when requested to do so.
- Implement community-based programs, partnerships, and other engagement initiatives
- Identify, initiate, and deepen relationships with various community stakeholders
- Organize meetings and other communication activities across the state
- Generate enthusiasm and participation for a survey to provide feedback from the community
- Distribute information through radio, TV, and print campaigns
- Complies with Legal Aid policies, procedures and Mission Statement.
- Complies with all LSC Regulations and record keeping in the handling of the cases in which he or she provides litigation support.
- Performs other duties as assigned, and may be called upon to assist with other office support functions such as answering phones, running errands, reception duties, etc.
- Ability to work independently and task oriented
- Strong organizational and logistical skills
- High school degree and some college credits required
- Some experience with grassroots organizing or legislative policy required
- Experience with VAN preferred
- Ability to travel extensively across state
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
Required Licenses: Driver’s License
- Flexible schedule, some weekends, some travel
- Minimal hazards.
Other Duties and/or Requirements:
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Describe any physical capabilities (such as strength or visual activity) that are required to perform the responsibilities of this job.
Travel required: X Yes % 50 ?No
Salary Classification: Hourly wage
This job description does not list all duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and references via email to Kelsey Liddy by April 20th. If you have any questions about the position please contact Kelsey Liddy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 402-904-5191.
NCR has a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees, directors or officers on account of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, mental or physical disability or national origin. In addition, NCR strictly prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.